The Lucid Podcast 006 – Silky:
how does a creative day look/feel like for you?
I start my days off pretty much the same, I have a good healthy breakfast, play the piano for an hour or so and then head to the gym. Around noon I go to the studio and start working on music. Starting off the day like this really helps with creativity. It gives me a clear mind and body!
how do you support yourself in being creative?
I try and keep a clear head and listen to all types of music. I also play the piano every day so sometimes I may jam something out on that and take that idea to the studio. However, despite all of this, I try to balance my creative and personal space. When it’s time to stop working, I stop! I’ve found that if i’m tired and trying to finish a record at the same time, I end up ruining it!
how do you hinder yourself from being creative?
I’m my own worst enemy, like I mentioned above, if i’m tired and forcing myself to finish a record, then no doubt I will end up ruining it. It’s best to get good rest and a clear head. Also, the rare times I have a hangover hinders me from anything!!
have u ever dreamt of music?
I never remember my dreams. I believe sometimes I don’t sleep, I just go into a coma.
how did you come across Lucidflow?
I was a fan of Nadja’s and Helmut’s music for a while, and then a couple of years ago Nadja asked me to remix Klartraum – Growth. We have been friends ever since!
tell us one of your greatest wishes:
To be able to fly like Superman.
anything else you would spread to the Lucid world?
Project your thoughts, wishes and dreams through your mind into space. If you can see it in front of you, it makes it easier to reach…
1. Nitin – Blink Twice (Anthony Collins Remix) – My Favorite Robot
2. Nadja Lind, Paul Loraine – Great Mistake – Lucidflow
3. Bazar – Hard to Find (Danny Daze Love Dub) – Ellum
4. DJ Phono – Gone (David August Remix) – Diynamic Music
5. Silky, Primo – Flash (Vandermeer Remix) – Midnight Social
6. Amirali – Beautiful World (Daniel Bortz Remix) – Crosstown Rebels
7. Inland Knights – Free Your Mind – Homecoming Music
8. Deadseal – Shaking The Sky
9. Discemi – FM2AM – My Favorite Robot
10. Paul Loraine – Minor Major – Simposio Productions
11. Kate Simko – Cairo – Lights Out
12. Audiofly – Talk To Me – Get Physical
13. Joe Joyce – Amygdala (Maya Jane Coles Remix) – Underbelly Records
14. Arturo Garces, Danny Delay – The Illest – Smoke City
15. Phonogenic – Acid Brain – MFR
16. Helmut Ebritsch – Deep Invitation (Nadja Lind Pointless Remix) – Lucidflow
17. Louie Fresco – Owl Night – No.19