The Lucid Podcast 034…wicked dub set from Downunder! Thank you Dave Stuart!!! xxx
1. Lucidflow: How does a creative day look/feel like for you?
In a word busy…its not often I get as much time as Id like to work on music, at the moment im totally committed to djing, I am not overly concerned with production as of yet as I think production should be left to producers and djing to dj’s. I think there are way too many people trying to do both and only being able to be average at both (saying that though, there are a lot of exceptions to that…). I love djing and am not ready to start releasing tracks, so I want to leave that for a time in the future.
Okay that didn’t really answer the question did it? :P I think creativity cannot for forced, you are either are in the mood or you aren’t, though you have to give yourself the surroundings that allow you to be…
2. Lucidflow: How do you hinder yourself in being creative?
I love trying to broaden my mind as much as possible, this comes down to talking to as many different people as possible, reading books from all other the world, trying my best to give myself enough time to search & search for tracks….
Also I find coffee (in the mornings) and scotch (usually at night…) and my cat always put me in the right frame of mind.
3. Lucidflow: how do you support yourself in being creative?
In a simple answer by working too much, I always seem to have a million jobs and little projects on the go at one time. I have to have a 9-5 job to sustain my dj’ing, plus I also run events, and a touring company as well as DJing every weekend…..
4. Lucidflow: How did you come across Lucidflow?
My wonderful partner (and now wife…) was a massive fan of Nadjas music and was always showing me Nadja’s & Klartraum’s tunes and we both feel in love with the music. I was very happy to discover so much good music on the label, especially as I love the deeper dubby sounds. It was great to finally meet Nadja & Helmut last year when they toured Australia and stayed with us and played some gigs together.
5. Lucidflow: Tell us one of your greatest wishes:
I guess it’s a little clichéd, but id love to see more love in the world. If everyone tried to make everything they did in life to have a benefit for other people we’d all be a lot more happy.
6. Lucidflow: Anything else you would spread to the Lucid world?
Play more dub ;)
Track // Mix // Artist // Label
1. Extended Moment // Orig Mix // Overcast Sound
2. Optic // Orig Mix // Stormy Weather
3. They Have Been Marginalized // Orig Mix // Sven Laux // Dewtone Recordings
4. It’s Getting Late // Orig Mix // Claro Intelecto // Delsin Records
5. Mood Afternoon // Orig Mix // M-Lito // Budenzauber
6. Metro // Orig Mix // Dmitry Shoki // Bavaria Recordings
7. Leaving the Planet // Orig Mix // Nick Dunton // Surface Records
8. Combined Textures Dublicator // Plug & Lay Records
9. Devices Strange // SpecDub ‘Dream’ Remix // Sven Hauck & Simon Firth // Crossfade Sounds
10. Firefly // Brickman Remix // Koalips // LCR Records
11. A Love Inspired // Sam KDC Remix // ASC // Silent Season
12. Pensamiento // Orig Mix // Tadeo // Alpha Signal Records
13. Desert Vibe // Orig Mix // Parallel 9 // Music Man Records
14. Lakeside // Orig Mix // Monomood // ETUI Records
15. Blurriness // Orig Mix // Tip D’Oris // Fluro Music
16. Proteus // Orig Mix // Dino Sabatini & Giorgio Gigli // Outis Music
17. Groove Control // Orig Mix // Soultek // Echospace [Detroit]
18. Limbus // D. Diggler Remix // Nadja Lind // Lucidflow
19. Periferico // Orig Mix // Adverb // Etoka Records
20. Vestras // Orig Mix // Parallel 9 // Music Man Records.
21. I’ll Be Around // Luke Hess Remix // Franki Juncaj // Motech Records
22. They Just Don’t Care // Orig Mix // Morphosis // Styrax