how does a creative day look/feel like for you?
I feel like I can tap in to my creative self whenever there is stillness. I’m able to listen to music with a deeper focus. It can be at 6am on a Saturday morning when the sun is coming up or it can be at midnight on a Tuesday night.
how do you support yourself in being creative?
I get inspiration from anything that is successful in making an artistic statement. This can be in the form of a piece of music, a painting, a good book or film, etc. I watched Heima- the Sigur Ros film again the other night. Achingly beautiful.
how do you hinder yourself from being creative?
I think people hinder themselves creatively when their lives are out of balance. You have to make time for life experiences because it’s these experiences- whether they be profoundly uplifting or deeply painful- that can lead to great art.
how did you come across Lucidflow?
Well, I’ve been a fan of the Silicone Soul guys for years. I reviewed Nadja’s ‘Shakes’ release on their Darkroom Dubs label for ElektroDaily.com. Her sound clicked with me immediately, and I started to explore the Lucidflow sound from there. I covered Terje Saether’s “Breed” release next, and I’ve been hooked ever since.
tell us one of your greatest wishes:
I want to get back into producing my own tracks and remixes. I’m inspired by people like Gui Boratto who incorporate live instrumentation into their productions. He has a lot of great New Order-esque guitar riffs throughout his music. I produced a track called “Submerge” which came out in ’09 on the Arabica label where I played this little riff on my Fender Stratocaster and twisted it around using the Pioneer EFX 1000. I have to get back to it. I felt like I was just scratching the surface…
anything else you would spread to the Lucid world?
I found a great quote the other night: “Music is an outburst of the soul” –Frederick Delius
1. Leo & Thomas Grey – ‘Souvenir’ – Parquet
2. Gui Boratto – ‘Soledad’ – Kompakt
3. Rami Deejay – ‘Burn Burn’ – Nightbird
4. Marc Poppcke – ‘Cosmopolitan’ – Crossfrontier
5. Dave DK – ‘Byway’ – Moodmusic
6. Matams – ‘Mellow Bridge’ (Nadja Lind Remix) – Apollo YAY!! :)
7. Ripperton – ‘A Train to Nowhere’ – Green
8. Stelios Vassiloudis – ‘Reaching’ – S.V. Dub – Bedrock
9. Maurice Aymard – ‘Put Some For Jules’ – Gui Boratto Remix – Galaktika
10. Sasha & James Teej – ‘Night Track’ – M.A.N.D.Y. Remix – Last Night on Earth
11. Oliver Schories – ‘Janna’ – Parquet
12. Ormatie – ‘Only’ (DAVI Remix) – Hope