enjoy the Lucid Podcast 039 by G.Pal and read why he is most creative when under pressure…
1. Lucidflow: How does a creative day look/feel like for you?
Waking up early in the morning, normally around 8. Preparing a good breakfast and then making a great cup of coffee. Normally I smoke a couple of cigarettes with the coffee but I’ve been trying really hard to quit this bad habit. While drinking my coffee I spend around an hour on my MacBook replying to emails, checking promos and surfing the web. Many times while doing this I launch ableton live and start working on ideas that come to my mind at the time. The most creative time for me are the morning hours when my mind is clear and my ears are super clean!
After my morning session on the macbook I usually go to my studio, which is in the basement of my house, where I transfer all my ideas from the macbook morning sessions. Pretty much I spend all the day there working….
2. Lucidflow: How do you hinder yourself in being creative?
Mostly by listening to a lot of music. I’ve been getting great ideas from listening to other’s music. Always by listening to old records from the likes of Vangelis and Jean Michel Jarre helps me alot too. I love all these soundscapes and textures and they get me in a state of mind to create!
3. Lucidflow: how do you support yourself in being creative?
This is a tricky question.
My mind has to be clear of all things to be creative. But many times I like to make music while being on a deadline or in a hurry. These are the moments I get the best ideas and workflow. For instance, if I have to go to the bank, lets say around 12 at noon, and the time is 11 and I am in still in the studio, I can get like 2-3 tracks running at the same time while watching the clock on my computer.
This gets me in a state of mind that I have to hurry to get in the bank on time. This state of mind it’s the most creative one for me. Maybe this sounds crazy, but that’s how it works for me. Also a good run in the evening helps a lot to continue working after.
4. Lucidflow: How did you come across Lucidflow?
I got a message from Nadja Lind on facebook and I checked all their music and production and I was amazed!! I replied right away and that’s how all started….looking forward to this relationship.
5. Lucidflow: Tell us one of your greatest wishes:
Today my daughter becomes 10 years old. It’s her birthday and it’s one of my happiest days. We both live in Athens and my biggest wish is to someday return to my hometown in Crete and build a house and a studio on the mountain. Having my own garden and producing my own food…
6. Lucidflow: Anything else you would spread to the Lucid world?
Music is the answer to everything. Enjoy my podcast.
Social network links:
● Twitter – http://bit.ly/10sA00T
● Myspace – http://bit.ly/10sA9kP
● Facebook – http://on.fb.me/10sB2d3
● Soundcloud – http://bit.ly/10sB5pl
● Resident Advisor – http://bit.ly/10sBc4e
● Beatport – http://btprt.dj/10sBhoz
● Youtube – http://bit.ly/10sBiZF
● Reverbnation – http://bit.ly/10sBnwz
● Mixcloud – http://bit.ly/10sBs3l
● Google+ – http://bit.ly/10sBwA6
● Official FM – http://bit.ly/10sBHLB
● Beatport DJs – http://btprt.dj/10sBS9L
● Tumblr – http://bit.ly/Z18Ks9
● Gigatools – http://bit.ly/Z18Obv
1. Riccicomoto & Helly Larson – Voyager
2. Fabricio Pecanha – 171 – Martin Eyerer Remix
3. Hiver – Blue Aconite
4. G.Pal – Get It Up – Instrumental mix
5. Rework – Touch
6. Rena – Season Four
7. Dubspeeka & Akasha FX – NS1
8. G.Pal – Lush
9. Fabricio Pecanha – Easy Back – Namito 2013 Remix
10. Ron Costa – Fraaz
11. James Hopkins – Ovall
12. Alessan Main – Frozen
13. G.Pal – Veeneza
14. Wes Yvaez – Megaman