Amazingly deep lucid flow by Frazer Campbell – big hugs!… just make yourself comfortable and turn up the volume to enjoy The Lucid Podcast round 046!
1. Lucidflow: How does a creative day look/feel like for you?
Creative days are always more inspiring when the sun is shining! I love the sun and the positive vibe it fills me with. Funny though because my studio is a very dark cave ……. But the walk to it in the sun is a fantastic source of good vibes. I usually have an idea of what I want to create and some days walking into the studio I know that it will be productive. I suppose a positive energy always helps and lots of determination.
2. Lucidflow: How do you hinder yourself in being creative?
Having too much on my mind is a hindrance. My mind can be cluttered with other stuff and this doesn’t help. I put a lot of pressure on myself at times and this can be a disadvantage but sometimes pressure is good! I like a challenge and always push hard for results….sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t but just keep going…..also turn off facebook when in the studio…this does not help one little bit!
3. Lucidflow: how do you support yourself in being creative?
I listen to a lot of music, different styles and remember elements that make my ears prick up. I record a lot of voice memos on my phone…..Gosh if anyone heard them it would be really embarrassing! I don’t just leave voice memos but I always hum melodies and basslines ………funny…..a singer I am most definitely not!
I think a good way to support is to submerge yourself in lots of music….i think it is easy to become too blinkered on a certain sound. Its good to open your ears to different stuff….build up your library in your mind and create your own twist …push the limits ..create something unique.
4. Lucidflow: How did you come across Lucidflow?
From buying music….i love the deep smooth sound on the label and the talent who release on it. I have been fortunate to play a warm up set for Nadja at a party my brother and I run in London called ‘OPEN’. Our very first party a the start of 2013 was held in a basement in London and we booked Nadja to come over and play. It was a great party and so good to meet her, have a few beers and punch the air together! Darn good times! From this connection I also spent some time with the very talented producer Paul Loraine in Barcelona. Coming across Lucidflow has made me some new friends, which is a great thing.
5. Lucidflow: Tell us one of your greatest wishes:
To win the lottery! Look after all around me and dedicate all my time to the studio! Haha! I would love to spend more time locked in my cave. Making music creates a feeling that I cant really describe….well I’ll try….positive, happy excitement loveliness!
6. Lucidflow: If you had an infinite amount of time and money what would you do:
Spend more time in the studio although I would be a bit worried that sleep would get in the way!
7. Lucidflow: Anything else you would spread to the Lucid world?
Be nice, manners cost nothing, be respectful, don’t forget what others have done for you, be focused, never stop trying and live your life….you only have one test run and you are already in it!
Oh and try to have more studio time.
Cheers Lucid xxx
Social network links:
• ‘First Time’ (Original Mix) Nacho Portigliatti – Arupa Music (promo)
• ‘Rencard avec le diable’ (Original mix) Kouns – Banm Records
• ‘Irreversable’ (Tim Scala Remix) Adam Touch/Flixon – Tip Tap Records
• ‘Zain’ (Original) Giuliano Rodrigues – Flowing Movement Records
• ‘Atrium’ Honesty & Daniel Paul – Cabinet Records (Vinyl)
• ‘Zaman’ (Original) Jubilee – Better on Foot
• ‘Bypass’ (Sascha Kloeber Remix) D2B – Asymmetric Records
• ‘Lets all get Down’ (Original) Wade – Kosmophono Records
• ‘Monk’ (Julie Marghilano Remix) Mariano Mateljan – Deep Tech Records
• ‘Lost Jungle’ (Ilario Liburni dub remix) Matthus Raman – Teknologik Records
• ‘Eyes Closed’ (Original) Frazer Campbell – Low to High Records
• ‘Haze’ (Original) Proudly People – Natural beat Records
• ‘Subsurfing’ (Original) Biodub – K1 Records
• ‘Kicker’ (Reflecting Symmetry and Farid Remix) Trotzkopf – Drama Records
• ‘Blessed’ (Original) Frazer Campbell – Second Step Records (promo) December 2013